Welcome to the 2022 NSJ Dive Season!
We are looking forward to another great year of diving, competition, and fun times with the NSJ community! We are also excited to announce our coaching staff for the 2022 season! All of our coaches work great together and will provide an excellent experience for our divers!
The NSJ Dive Team encourages fun, safety and courage. Divers compete on an age-based system with kids of all ability levels. The older divers provide great role models while younger divers provide energy and excitement. The large number of new and experienced divers provides a fun environment where all divers are continuously learning and pushing each other to new levels. In addition, these young athletes are guaranteed to build courage as they stand alone atop the diving board, not to mention the opportunity to learn some new, cool pool tricks!
- $150 per diver – includes a t-shirt
Please register by Friday, June 3rd
Dive Team is open to all members (up through age 18, as of May 31, 2022) of the North St. John’s Swim and Tennis Club. Your child must be 5 years old before January 1, 2022 to register. If within the first two weeks it appears your child does not want to dive, the registration fee will be returned minus $50, which reflects AAU and other estimated fees incurred.
2022 Practice Times:
Parent Meeting: Thursday, June 2nd at 6 PM
After School Practice (starting Wednesday, June 1st):
4 – 5 PM – Middle / High School Divers
5 – 6 PM – Elementary School Divers
6 – 6:45 PM – Divers on Swim Team (all ages)
Morning Practice (starting Monday June 20th):*
8:15 – 9:15 AM – 10 and under
9:15 – 10:30 AM – 11 and up
*Please note that after the first week, morning practice times may be subject to change depending on the attendance numbers.
Evening Practice (starting the week of June 20th):*
6 – 7 PM – Monday / Wednesday after swim team practice – All ages
*Please note that evening practices are intended for divers who cannot make morning practice due to camp or other conflicts. It is NOT intended for divers to “double up” on practices.
Championship Practice (week of July 18th):*
9:15 – 10:30 AM – Monday through Friday
This practice is for all qualifying divers.
No evening practices this week.
*One morning practice will be at Padonia Swim Club to practice on their boards.
Things to Note:
- We respectfully ask that you do not change practice times unless you have discussed it with a Dive Director and it has been approved by the Dive Director and Coaches.
- We do offer private dive lessons with the coaches. Feel free to talk to your preferred coach or email BreeAnne Chadwick with your inquiry.
DIVE MEET & CHAMPIONSHIP SCHEDULE:
Thursday 7/21 Reserved for weather related make-up meet
DIVE MEET STRUCTURE:
- Most dive meets are held during the week, typically on Tuesday and Thursday in the late afternoon.
- Warm Ups are held starting 2 hours before the meet. Warm ups for away meets will be communicated.
- The Dive Meet starts around 5 PM and ends around 9 PM.
- The length of the meet is contingent on the number of divers participating.
- The meets are separated out by age group with the younger divers starting first and the older divers at the end.
- There is an intermission during the meet to give the older divers time to warm up and hand out the ribbons to the younger divers.
- Everyone is welcome and encouraged to attend the entire meet, however, many divers and families leave after they receive their ribbons.
DIVE TEAM SUIT:
This year the girls will wear the TYR Odyssey Blue and the Boys will wear the TYR Hexa Black/Blue suit. Please call Metro Swim at 443-891-0800 or stop by their store at 883 Airport Park Road in Glen Burnie. Be sure to mention that you are with NSJ, so that you receive the team discount on your suit.
If you have any questions, please contact:
We look forward to seeing you on the boards!