Masters Swim Program 2022
We are excited to continue the North St. John’s Masters Swim Program this summer!
Megan Mackey, a masters certified coach and former collegiate swimmer, will conduct an adult swim program twice per week. The program, structured like the USMS program, has swimmers of all abilities doing the same sets but varying yardage. Swimmers of similar skill levels share lanes. The program is designed so anyone over the age of 18 can participate. The idea is to have a good swim workout, while having FUN!
Megan plans on running a Masters swim practice 2x per week throughout the summer. For those familiar with the program, we usually add an extra morning, at no additional cost, in August once swim and dive teams are over.
Megan uses TeamSnap as the primary means of communication. Once Megan receives your registration and email address, you will be added to the team list and receive information about the program.
For our master swimmers, NSJ is registered as the North St. John’s Masters.
Dates and Times:
- The Masters program tentatively starts the week of June 13th.
- Monday morning 6 am – 7 am
- Wednesday morning 6 am – 7 am
- $50 per swimmer for the full summer program
- $5 per day drop-in rate
ALL participants must complete the below registration form.
If you are purchasing the full summer program, you will be charged during registration.
Drop-ins please use Member Splash to make a payment on the day you decide to join. Once logged in, go to Payments → Make a Payment.
Why do we charge a fee?
The cost of the Masters Swim Program covers the pool opening for early morning practice, TeamSnap, as well as supplies needed for the program.
Other items covered by the fee include:
- Pool Ops certifications so we can open the pool early.
- Chemicals: When the pool is in use from 6 AM – 9 PM, we go through a lot of very costly chemicals.
- Supplies and equipment: Each year we add items (swim fins, buoys, clock) to the program.
- Water: The more people use the pool, the more water we use!
- Electricity: The more hours we add to pool usage, the more electricity we use.
- Staff: The higher the bather load, the more cleaning the managers and guards have to do….remember the phosphate issue last year?
- Length of program: We offer one price and have the pool available all summer for this program. We add days in August to ensure the adults are getting as much swim time as possible.
- TeamSnap to help organize communication with participating swimmers.
- Miscellaneous costs associated with the program.